HTTPie for Web & Desktop
ℹ️ OPTIONS method
One more option in the method select — 🥁 —
You can use
OPTIONS to request information about the communication options available on a given URL or server.
🔑 API key auth through parameters
We recently introduced a way to authenticate requests using a custom API key header. Now we’re expanding this auth type with the option to send the API key as a URL parameter:
This allows you to specify your auth at the collection level and have HTTPie add it to the URL automatically.
✍🏻 Font improvements
As with everything else, we continue to improve the monospace variant of our font, and this time we focused on making the
O characters more distinct:
🪲 Bug fixes
- You probably didn’t encounter this, but if you typed fast while having multiple HTTPie browser tabs, the text would start flashing. Fixed!
- Some generated headers (e.g.,
Content-Type) weren’t displayed in some preview formats. Now they are.
- Inherited auth was also missing from the preview in some cases.
- Draft requests created via the global
+button could lose their name.
- Fixed an app crash in case of invisible characters in the URL.
HTTPie for Terminal
HTTPie for Terminal 3.2 is now available 🎉 This version introduces:
- 💅 Refined UI
- 📖 Man pages
- 📦 Single binary executables
- 🌀 Debian releases
- ⬆️ Update warnings
- 🤩 And more
We have a separate post covering this release, check it out 👇
Happy testing, and see you next week!
- 💁🏻♀️ If you’re not on the private beta yet, you can join the waitlist here.
- 👉 You can also follow @httpie and join our Discord community.
- 👩💻 We’re looking for new colleagues in engineering and design roles.