- 🪆 Recursive variables — Keep your variables DRY and atomic.
- ✏️ Inline name editing — Quickly rename requests and collections.
- 💾 Save body as file — Save body as file directly from the client.
- 🔃 Re-order variables — Bring order to your variables.
- 🖼 Re-order environments — And to your environments as well.
- ✨ Other enhancements — Use longer collection & request names, etc.
- 📟 CLI v3.2.2 — A compatibility bug fix release.
HTTPie for Web & Desktop 2023.3.0
🪆 Use variables recursively
Referencing a variable from another variable’s value? Why not‽ HTTPie now resolves variables recursively to help you keep your Spaces DRY.
✏️ Edit names inline
Quickly change the name of a request or collection with a double click. Just like that. Simple.
💾 Save body as file
You could always copy the request and response body. Now you can also save it as a file directly from the client.
🔃 Re-order variables
HTTPie orders your variables by the creation time by default. Now you can use any ordering system that makes sense for your variables.
🔁 Re-order environments
And you can now re-order environments as well
✨ Other enhancements
- Collection and request names now may be up to
4080 characters long.
- Numerous under-the-hood stability and performance improvements.
In later 2023.3.x releases
- Fixed slow typing in the variables table
- Fixed slow typing when working on a GraphQL request with a large schema
- Fixed validation false negatives when using variables in header names
- Fixed high CPU usage when a large request is open in the active tab
- Fixed slow rendering of the space tab with many variables and environments
- Fixed an infinite spinner on launch when the “No environment” option is selected in the environments selector
- Other stability improvements and minor bug fixes
HTTPie for Terminal 3.2.2
HTTPie for Terminal v3.2.2 is now available 🎉 This version fixes compatibility with
🤩 Happy API testing, and see you again soon!
- ✉️ Thoughts? Questions? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 📋 You can also help us improve by completing a quick survey.
- 👥 We’re working on collaboration features, and you can help us out.
- 👉 Follow @httpie and join our Discord community to stay up to date.
- 👩💻 We’re looking for new colleagues in engineering and other roles.